Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fan club parties

I'll admit it. I've been to a fan club party or two in my day. They're a great way to see an awesome, intimate concert and meet your favorite artist. They'll sign your CD, give you a gift and a hug, pose for a photo and then tell you that they'll see you again next year.

Unless, you happen to be in Gretchen Wilson's fan club.

I just got an e-mail announcing her fan club party for this year. I'm not a member of her fan club, but I've always wanted to meet her, so I briefly debated signing up to go to this shin-dig, even though it'd require taking time off from work and such.

Then I read the fine print.

You see, at Gretchen Wilson's fan club party there is no time for autographs and photos, because that stuff takes too much time. (Honest. That's what the email says: "That stuff takes too much time.")

Attendees will get a goodie bag, though. Goodie for them. And Gretchen will do an acoustic concert, so it's not completely a loss. Of course, I'm not a member, so I don't know how much it costs for all this merriment.

I have heard stories around town indicating that Ms. Wilson is not the most congenial to her fans. Having someone accost you at PF Chang's is one thing, but if a star doesn't even put effort in with her fan club, then that's something else...

If anyone still reads this, post your fan club experiences in the comments (good, bad or ugly). I'd love to see what kind of perks the different stars offer their biggest fans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home