Monday, November 06, 2006

My CMA Picks

OK, I could be totally wrong, but I'm going to try. I've got a few minutes before the show starts. I decided to watch it at home because it's raining out and I can't wear my PJs downtown. (Well, I can, but people stare...)

So, here are my picks.

Entertainer of the Year: Kenny Chesney. I think Kenny will win again, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brad Paisley wins. Either of them deserves it. The other three nominees? Well, they should feel proud just to be nominated.

Female Vocalist: The voters love Martina. This award would make her the woman with the most female vocalist trophies.

Male Vocalist: Keith Urban. He didn't go into rehab until after most of the ballots were in. He's still a good singer even though he hasn't done much since he won last year.

Horizon Award: I'd like to see Josh Turner or Little Big Town win, but most likely it will be Carrie Underwood or maybe Sugarland.

Vocal Group: Anyone but Rascal Flatts. They will probably win. If not, it will be Sugarland. In my heart, I'd love for it to be Little Big Town.

Duo of the Year: Brooks and Dunn will win, although I like all of the other nominees much more.

Single of the Year: Believe by Brooks and Dunn.

Musician of the Year: Perennial favorite Jerry Douglas on dobro.

Album of the Year: I think The Road and the Radio deserves it, but Brooks and Dunn seem to be white-hot this year.

Video of the Year: The only video on that list that I like is "8th of November," so I really hope it wins.

Vocal Event of the Year: "When I Get Where I'm Going," Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton.

Song of the Year: I'd be happy with "8th of November" or "When I Get Where I'm Going," but Carrie Underwood will probably win this. She's hot too, and I'd rather she won this than anything else she's up for.

Stay tuned and there will be more observations from the show. Most likely I'll be complaining about my picks not winning!

1 Comments:

Blogger one4JC said...

Uhhhh I was in a foreign country when this happened...could you post some of the winners pretty please???

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home